I had a very nice party at my house. My dogs did not bark their fool heads off, I had enough chairs so everyone could sit down, my friends seemed to all like each other even though they mostly did not know each other.
Here's a list of my interests which my friends are parts of - reading books (a RL book group); making greeting cards (rubber stamping/paper crafts/artists friends); politics (political friends); family (my niece); neighborhood (a former neighbor). Especially nice was that my political friends, who do hold their opinions very strongly, did not offend anyone; and as far as I can tell, no one offended them either. It really is refreshing to listen to people have conversations which go well.
The food: well, I did spend an inordinate amount of time laying in bed fussing over what I would serve. I ended up putting out on a table lots of cheese, crackers, olives, marinated mushrooms, grapes, salsa, chips along with a bottles of wine, nonalcoholic wine, sparkly apple, cranberry, and pear juices, and then, offered up off the stove a pot of chili which had been doing a fine job of simmering for over a day. Chili was based on pork and I added a variety of beans, and some tomato sauce. Lots of spices. It is very tasty and I think pretty much everyone who ate some liked it.
Dessert was provided by a couple of guests as it was My Birthday, after all. The best was a fresh bakery made lemon cake!! Yummy!!
I loved watching my dog Greta Garbo jump up on the sofa and settle down to sleep with her head on the lap of a friend. She is such a friendly, sweet dog and I am pretty sure she has a new friend for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment