ah, another morning. Success is had this morning in that I remembered to take the meds I need for my osteoporosis and that means I am willing to delay my first cup of coffee for a half an hour! So a gold star for me this morning, whether I want one or not.
Looking forward to the day: my goals of making my bed and brushing my teeth are still actively "to be pursued". And walking both dogs is really important, too.
I feel a bit foolish having to set such elementary goals each day. I have spent most of my life just trusting to luck that I would remember to do the important stuff and truth be told, I have not been all that good at it. I am good at rationalizing why I do not remember to do the important stuff.
OK! Enough self criticism. More self encouragement: I am doing better. My house is a good deal more organized that it has been in the past. I am enjoying having my bed made each morning and I see value in starting the day with a sense of order. My mouth is cleaner than in the past, too, and I can not take the deterioration of my teeth, due partialy because of the aging I am doing, as a person failing. It would be like blaming myself for the cataracts.
Today I will go buy some new jeans, and t-shirt(s) on sale at Cabelas (new sporting goods store); I will make a tasty soup; and I will host some movie watchers! A good day is planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment