Monday, December 28, 2009

Life with Children

Frustrating to have children so engaged by the TV that when you call their name, no response. I do want to throw all the TVs out of the house. But on the other hand, I have to confess that I have not done much to try to invent some activities which could capture their imaginations and their energies.

I do appreciate the moments when I can do whatever I want. Selfish of this great-aunt to not have the commitment to do more than just watch over these little guys. OK, I am feeling guilty. I need to think a little bit more about this whole challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I've got the start of a cold. sniff,sniff chewwwww I liked your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand exactly how you feel about the TV! We've held off until now getting Daughter a TV for her room, but with the twins coming, and her turning 5 in just a month and a half, we let my mom get her one for Christmas. I still feel kind of conflicted about it, but it does seem to be going OK so far. I'll let you know how I feel in a few more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete