Today is my last day as an Art Docent for the Kindergarten class my great nephew attends. The kids are great, but their energy is wild, and I go get anxious because I feel I am supposed to be sure to TEACH them something. It will be good for me to remember that kids are always learning, no matter what it is that they look like they are doing.
I am going to give each a piece of drawing paper, and maybe a drawing pencil (advice from the teacher inserted here), and place in front of them a still life - vase with daisies, and a leaf or two. And then I'm going to ask them to use their two eyes twice as much as they use their one pencil - and DRAW! Of course, it will be primitive, and maybe not all that recognizeable, but they will have an introduction to the concept that Art is More about Looking than it is about Acting.
Later - Success was had! Mr Kusler, the brilliant Kindergarten teacher, brought out the water colors and a short, not very complicated lesson became longer. Yea!
Done! Finished! Accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment