Ok, here we go, one more day. I've washed the dishes this morning and thought about the fact that when I go to bed unreasonably early I wake up full of energy to do what needs to be done. I do not have that energy at the end of the day. I am not one of those people who cleans up and makes everything "ship shape" before going to bed.
As for that, I really don't have that "make everything ship shape" bone in my body. Why is that? Why is it that completing a task is such a challenge? Why do I want to leave in the middle of anything I am doing... with a backward glance, and a "I'll do it later".
What is it about "I'll do it later" that is so attractive?
Attention deficit... my thoughts just march on to something new, something different, something more interesting....
Is concentrating on one task and finishing it a practice of self discipline?
I think I'll try that today: Discipline myself to finish any task I begin. Ah! That is a Good Goal! Plus: make my bed, brush my teeth, walk my dogs... and oh, yes, go do the water exercises!
No comments:
Post a Comment