Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ah, Wednesday... well, well, well

On Wednesday a higher-end grocery store down the road a bit gives their senior citizens a 7% discount on food and so I always feel as if I should get my tushie down there and buy, buy, buy.  I am trying to limit my expenditures on unnecessary stuff so I'm trying the "write a grocery list" method for limiting myself to only things I need.  Why does this feel like I'm denying myself?  Do I really need to feel "impoverished" for doing this?

I am having a little nervousness about my budget and I really want some expensive stuff.  My espresso machine is costing me nearly $200 to fix a small problem, and get a "tune up" and good cleaning.  Alternatively, I could spend somewhere between 400-900 dollars to get a new one.  Option 1 seems wisest, however, it does occur to me... do I need an espresso machine?  It is the one truly faithful joy I have every day!  It is!  Everything else is a sometimes yes, sometimes no... thing.

I want to spend happily on the Whale Watching trip.  I want to save up for the Hawaiian vacation in November.  I want to save for a trip back to France to visit Ann.  I want, I want, I want

I think I'd better check and see how the lottery tickets are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment