I guess I'd like more people to read my blog so if that is true, then I need to think about what could I write that others might appreciate. What do I want to read? What?
So, each morning I try to find a way to start the day which will lead, without too much extra effort, to a satisfying day. What is a satisfying day? Well, I immediately go back to some of my psycho-babble learning and remember that there are areas of life in which I have needs and those can be satisfied in a balanced way.
Survival: Each day I do some things, tasks, chores, to keep my basic needs met such as cooking, cleaning up the kitchen, locking my doors, being sure my car works and washing up myself. These chores do not usually cause too much consternation. Yesterday, I did lock my doors, and did do some grocery shopping.
Edit to add: I am trying to get more exercising in, too. And I guess that is about survival, also.
Love and Belonging: Each day I want to feel loved and as if I am a part of some human family. Everything I do to keep my friends near is helpful. Inviting my friend to the basketball game. Hanging out with the kids. Apologizing for yelling when it is appropriate.
Fun and Joy: Learning, reading, walking the dogs, making the kids laugh
Freedom and Choices: Every bit of money that comes into my life is available to me to spend as I choose. I am free to create the life I want to live.
Power and Influence: Every word I speak, every thing I do, every thought I think combines to create the world I experience. If it is not as comfortable as I wish it to be, I need to think of something different.
I did hit a spot today where I began to think about moving into a senior housing situation where I could have more support. I don't think it is because I need a lot of support but I think I want to know someone will be there to provide the support when I do need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment