In a couple of minutes I'm off to the Kindergarten Class to teach an art lesson. They are so sweet, but skills are just developing. The person who coordinates the Art Docent program for this elementary school wants to do a grant art display of all the class work done with all of the Art Docents. I'm feeling very insecure because our work is so elementary. Other Art Docents for Kindergarten do some of the work and let the kids finish it. I'm letting them do it from the ideas and examples I present... much better I think for the kids, but not so good for the display. Won't look much like inspired teaching.
Bla bla bla
I'm probably just being self conscious and insecure. You'd think I'd know better.
I'll let you know how we do...
OK. Day is done. Long day. One the days I teach the K's I stay later at Schelie's. The lesson went well... ok .... I guess. It never occurred to me that they would have a hard time to layer pieces of paper, one slightly overlapping the other. But between the regular teacher and I we were able to pinch hit and straighten things up. I think it was a good reinforcement of the concept of horizon, and the colors, as usual brought the projects together!
ReplyDeleteI am still hoping I'll find some comments from "followers". I mean. What is following? Do you read my blogs?